Monday 20 February 2012

House Plants

I'm not great with house plants and manage to neglect and kill most of them.
Last fall I bought the sweetest little purple plant (it has a special meaning to me) so I was motivated to nurture it and keep it alive all winter. I set it on the kitchen windowsill, all the little flowers eventually died, but I watered it whenever the soil was dry and pruned off the dead leaves. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a very tiny flower bud and then another. The buds blossomed into beautiful purple flowers again.
It got me thinking that consistency is what kept the little plant alive. A little bit of water and pruning every so often but done consistently. It's exactly the same had I killed it. Neglect, inaction, a little everyday done consistently - kills.

1 comment:

  1. So profoundly true -- and it's amazing how little attention it actually takes.

    ReplyDelete