Friday 12 August 2011

Be a little scared

I've been painting my whole life.  It's what I'm good at, it's what I did at school.
I''ve probably painted 2000 paintings, most are pretty good and some are really great, but
whenever I pick up a brush, even when I just think about painting, I get a little scared.
I feel a little flutter of fear in my gut.  What if I've forgotten how?  What if I can't get my colours mixed right?
Even though I feel this way every single time I'm about to paint, I paint anyway. 
Being a little scared is good.  It makes me question myself just enough to reafirm my commitment.
How many times have you been stopped cold because you're a little scared?
How many works of "art" have you left undone?

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Every time I workout I feel that way. I get nervous about every workout that I do. But every work out gets better and better. I try each time to step a bit out of my comfort zone. Some days I am more scared than others because its a workout that is new or a workout that is more challenging. It is good to be a little scared it gets you to the next level.

    ReplyDelete