Thursday 4 August 2011

Voices

I hate my IpodIt doesn't hold a charge worth sh*t and there's that stupid voice, that stupid computer voice that tells me the name of all my songs, who sings them and what album they're from.  Last week I couldn't get the voice to stop, it went through my entire library, every single song, over 500 of them.

Then there are the voices of the beautiful people, on their bikes, spinning their legs, chatting with one another even when the class has started.  You try several times to raise your own voice above the din, to no avail.  You hesitate, catch the eyes of another participant, a quiet one who with her eyes is telling you "Let's go! We only have an hour!".  You realize you owe it to her to politely ask everyone to be quiet. 

And what about the voice in your head?  The one that tells you "you're not good/smart/strong enough to deserve that", "maybe you shouldn't",  "it's just too hard".

Of all the voices you hear, that last one is the only voice that can get you stuck.

1 comment: